As God’s household, you are built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. The whole building is joined together in him, and it grows up into a temple that is dedicated to the Lord. Christ is building you into a place where God lives through the Spirit.
Of all of the lessons learned from the Covid-19 crisis, which is now the Covid-19 lifestyle, this one is the most important. The Church of Jesus Christ is precious to Him and will be formed, provided for, and protected against any enemy-even a microscopic virus. Reclaiming the YOU-CHURCH is Covid’s gift in this time of swirling change.
You-Church is not selfish-church but the basic unit of church. Simply put, you are amazing and wonderful in God’s sight-be the chuch. Transformation happens when you and I come together with others around the risen Christ. This is where are hearts turn to Christ and the world changes.
So remember: YOU are God’s beloved and precious church. The Church is not a program, schedule, bulletin or building. The Church is you or better, y’all.
You and I build on the Bible and its many apostles and prophets. You and I build on the many people that have witnessed their lives in Christ to us. It is not church marketing or organizing that hold us together, it is the CORNERSTONE and His name is Jesus. It’s your turn to dig in together and build ourselves into that place where God can be found by all.
Covid-19 has cleared the way to reclaim the church of your own hear. Here are some concrete ways to live this way.
- Simplify . Replace churchy distraction with real service, study and worship
- Cling to meaningful traditions, toss the “just because”, and creatively find new and meaningful ways to express heart-felt faith in Christ.
- You-Church is proactive and assertive. Do it! Reclaim your family and closest relationships as the church.
- Claim or reclaim a passion for the Bible. Even on Zoom, “Iron Sharpens iron”. Find your small group. Can’t? MAKE your small group.
- Worship with your larger church faith community often! Video worship is real worship. Have your heart right even when you aren’t “In Person”.
- Have a safe, stable, and reliable space to be with God. Bathrooms, truck cabs, cathedrals, or back porch benches create personal, sacred space
- Think “YOU” but act “Y’all, Nothing heals an anxious heart like helping someone else. Being the church together changes the world
- Please Share; Add your Covid Lessons in a comment below!
The Bible is not a look behind but a look ahead. Let it and not the strangeness of the times drive your transformation. Revival is coming. You and I are being built together.
I love Jesus, I love His Church, and I love you.
All for Christ,